What are the domestic flights‘ luggage restrictions?
On domestic and chartered flights within Panama, each passenger is entitled to carry 14 Kilos or 30.8 LBS. Not be included in the baggage-register, high-value items, fragile, electronics (computers, phones, cameras, camcorders, etc.). These must be carried in hand luggage. Passengers are responsible for excess baggage fees and are subject to US$2.11 per extra kilo and only allowed depending on flight occupancy.
For the type of fleet, maximum speed, and Altitude, please click here.
For flights to David passenger is entitled to carry 30 Kilos or 66 pounds.
For San Blas Islands/Guna Yala the airplanes are smaller and we highly recommend to only take exactly 14 Kilos baggage limit and will not be able to take any additional luggage. You can arrange to leave any additional luggage with EcoCircuitos office. It is possible that your airplane may make one stop before arriving in Playon Chico, listen carefully to the pilot to ensure that you disembark the plane in the correct destination.
- Passengers are responsible for excess baggage fees and are subject to a 2% of the published fare will be charged for every kilo of excess baggage. Approximately $2.11 per kilo. Any excess baggage is accepted as conditional baggage and subject to available space inside the aircraft. If there is available space would be sent on the same flight, otherwise, it will be sent on the next flight.
- Name or date changes on flight tickets are subject to a penalty of US$25 plus 7% tax (per change, per route)
- Ticket cancellations with more than 30 days before your trip are subject to a service fee of US$25 per ticket (taxes included). Within 30 days from your arrival, our regular cancellation policies apply.
- The penalty for no show is 100% of all applicable fares, taxes, and surcharges.
- Surcharge for transportation of a pet or a surfboard is around US$30 per item per route.
Incendiary or explosive materials.
Items with flammable or poisonous gases such as butane, oxygen or liquid nitrogen.
Flammable liquids such as gasoline, oil, alcohol, paint, either, solvents.
Materials such as oxides chloride of lime, peroxide, fertilizers based on ammonium nitrate.
Toxic or infectious as poison, pesticides, kills weeds, insecticides, or organic-type virus.
Tanks chlorine, oxygen fire extinguishers.
- The hand baggage on all flights should not exceed 4Kilo or 8.8 LBS.
- Articles for carrying by hand as: Jackets, purse, hat, a bag with baby items, notebooks computers, video or photographic equipment, portfolio, canes, crutches, prostheses, and wheelchairs, provided that the passenger demand.
- You must verify the dimensions at each of your luggage at the airport counter. The acceptable dimensions of your suitcase vary based on the type of aircraft chosen for your flight.
- Traveling With Surfboards
- Every passenger when making your reservation, be informed that want to transport it a surfboard.
- This table may be included depending on the flight route since small aircraft on some routes which cannot carry surfboards or depending on other passengers but also carrying surfboards are used. Since accepted to a certain number of tables on the same flight.
- Surfboards than over 7′ are not part of the baggage and are charged $20.00 on domestic routes.
- You should check with EcoCircuitos type of aircraft en route to require to know if you have the ability to carry your surfboard.