Travel light and wise!! This are some guidelines and a checklist to help you pack to Panama.
- Valid passport (with photocopies or scanned to your email account)
- Copy of complete flight itinerary
- Copy of applicable travel/medical insurance, including polity number and contact information
- Credit cards (more than one) **We suggest you to have a record of your number in case of loss or theft.**
- Envelopes (useful for gratuities to guides or drivers)
- Water bottle – By doing this, you will avoid using plastic bottles.
Bring a stainless steel bottle that meets all safety standards and support the conservation of our planet! We will give you one if you don’t bring yours! or you can purchase TheGrayl and receive 20% discount by traveling with us. Just ask for the code.
- Bring soft-side baggage, which is easier to store throughout your adventure and to carry in our vans during transfers.
- Bring any necessities, including travel documents, money, meds and other supplies in your carry-on luggage and not in your checked baggage.
- Pack a change of clothing in your carry-on bag in case your luggage is lost by the airlines.
- Use a TSA-approved security device to lock your baggage.
- Don´t bring jewelry!
- Keep cash in more than one place.
Packing for a day tour
- Camera with water protection
- cap or hat
- sunscreen lotion
- insect repellent
- light clothing
- light raincoat (if rainy season or in the highlands)
- walking shoes or hiking shoes if in the highlands
- day backpack
- power bars and bring your water bottle (provided by us) or if you prefer a filter bottle we will provide a 20% off from http://www.TheGrayl.com – code: EcoCircuitos-PURIFY20
What to bring to the Rain Forest
If you are visiting Panama for the for the first time or you are an avid explorer, the tropical rain forest will be an amazing experience full of fascinating adventures. More than 970 birds species, incredible colorful insects, fascinating reptiles and mammals and trees that will put you awe! But you have to bring comfortable footwear and pack wisely.
In Panama during the rainy season, people usually carry umbrellas or para-aguas (to take shelter from the rain), but we recommend bringing a raincoat as it is always the best option for the traveler. In the highlands of Panama (Chiriqui mountains), a lightweight rain coat and jacket are a must! If you are planning long stays exploring the highland´s national parks and private reserves during the rainy season rubber boots could be a good fit. Usually you can buy those in a local market or town store in Boquete or Cerro Punta. But you should bring your own used and tested hiking boots! We recommend light weight, waterproof Gore tex boots.
In Panama most hotels will let you store excess luggage while you are outside the City or on an adventure so it is recommendable to bring your day backpack and an essential gear: RAIN JACKET or Poncho.
- Two of the most important things to bring to Panama are a pair of BINOCULARS and a guidebook (Birds of Panama or Mammals of the Rainforest). They are a must for getting a closer look at wildlife and are available for sell.
- Camera and memory cards
- Flashlight with spare batteries and bulb
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Hat with visor for rain and sun protection
- Shirts should be made of cotton or light synthetic materials; long- and short-sleeved
- Sweater or jacket (a must for the highlands)
- Cotton trousers preferable. Light synthetic materials take more time to dry
- Hiking shorts
- Socks – bring extra pairs in case feet get wet
- Footwear: Waterproof lightweight hiking boots, river sandals (e.g., Teva-type sandals), and tennis shoes/running shoes. If you do not bring hiking boots, please make sure you bring TWO pairs of tennis shoes.
- Rain gear – poncho, raincoat
- Small day pack or fanny pack for hikes
- Reutilizable bags for wet items
- Extra prescription glasses and medications
- Collapsible luggage to store extra items left in Panama City
- Casual clothing for city traveling or a nice dinner (Panama has an amazing gastronomy)
- Your Grayl purifier water filter: Ask for the code and receive 20% off