Panama is blessed with its unique beaches in both the Pacific and the Atlantic. This amazing country has two long coasts and many islands that are ideal for family beach combing, surfing, kite surfing or other water sports.
Some of my favorite beaches I listed below:
- Veracruz Beach: It is at only 20 minutes from the City and this spot is great for those interested in Stand up Paddle or kayaking the bay of Panama. There are several rentals for SUP. Don’t miss it.
- Punta Chame: if you like kite surfing, this is your spot. A great mountain backdrop and very long beach. There are also schools in the area for kite surfing.
- Coronado and Serena beach: this is a little bay ideal for surfing. It is located close to condominiums and has easy access during the day.
- El Palmar and Rio Mar: both beaches are ideal for surfers. Some small hotels and restaurants in the area and close to Rio Mar more beachfront condominiums. I love to go there during the weekday.
- Playa Langosta: in Colon on the Atlantic side this beach is on the road to Portobello and at only 1.5 hours from the city. It is very very crowed during the weekends.
- Isla Grande: Also in Colon Province a little farther from Portobello this is a small fishing town, this beach is great for swimming and also for surfing on a shallow reef.