Do you know that COPA Stopover program allows travelers to visit two destinations for the price of flying to one? YES!! No more layover and have a stopover in Panama!
Instead of waiting in an uncomfortable chair and eating airport food, take advantage of the COPA stopover and discover the new and trendy destination in Central America: Panama.
What to do? only call reservations to confirm that you want to do the Stopover. click here.
If you are traveling to Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico or any other destination with COPA, you can book a stopover flight and stay 3 or more days in Panama and explore a new destination for a very little cost.
If you visit Panama for a few days you must stay in Casco Viejo hotels and experience the beauty of our colonial town. We offer several special deals in the green season that will combine stays in chic hotels and amazing experiences.
Some of my favorite things to do in Panama City:
1. Visit Seafood market and walk or bike Cinta Costera towards the Casco Antiguo neighborhood while eating a fresh seafood ceviche.
2. Take a tour of the Biodiversity Museum and Causeway and hire one of our naturalist guides for an introductory rainforest tour in the Metropolitan Park.
3. Bar hopping in Casco Viejo at night and don´t miss the Jazz Bar in the American Trade Hotel.
4. Go on a birding adventure tour– Panama is a paradise for birders and home for more than 1005 different bird species. Within city limits, there are several spots ideal for birding where you can find specialties: Panama Flycatcher, Southern Bentbill, Rufescent-Tiger-Heron and Yellow-tailed Oriole.
5. Kayaking the Panama Canal in the Gatun Lake and a visit to a local Wounaan community for handcrafts shopping.
6. Visit the Contemporary Art Museum and take an Art Cultural Tour with a local Panamanian artist.
7. Hike, bike or wildlife observation at one of the many trails of the Soberania National Park.
8. Go on a historical trekking in the old 8-mile Camino de Cruces Trail that takes you through the primarily tropical forest.
9. Ride the Transcontinental train towards the Atlantic side in one day: The Pirate trail and the Panama Canal.
10. Enjoy the local gastronomy (tasajo empanada, carimañola, tortilla, yuca frita, and the seafood of Panama).