There are a lot of reasons to visit Panama. You have probably already thought of the Panama Canal, which is one of the world’s most famous accomplishments of modern engineering. Maybe you have considered a tropical island or beach, or just the climate, which is warm all year round. But there is a lot more to Panama: read here some of our staff picks to do in Panama City.
1. Visit Seafood market and walk or bike Cinta Costera towards the Casco Antiguo neighborhood while eating a fresh seafood ceviche.
2. Take a tour at the Biodiversity Museum and hire of our naturalist guides for an introductory rainforest tour in the Metropolitan Park
3. Bar hopping in Casco Viejo at night and don´t miss the Jazz Bar in the American Trade Hotel
4. Historical City Tour– walking Panama la Antigua and learn about the Pirates and Conquistadors and the Canal zone era
5. Kayaking the Panama Canal in the Gatun Lake and a visit to a local Wounaan community for handcrafts shopping
6. Visit the Contemporary Art Museum and take a Art Cultural Tour with a local panamanian artist
7. Hike, bike or wildlife observation at one of the many trails of the Soberania National Park
8. Go on a historical trekking the old 8-mile Camino de Cruces Trail takes you through primarily tropical forest
9. Ride the Transcontinental train towards the Atlantic side in one day: The Pirate trail and Panama Canal
10. Enjoy the local gastronomy (tasajo empanada, carimañola, tortilla, yuca frita, and the seafood of Panama).