Every child dreams about exploring jungles, admiring wild animals, and being an authentic adventurer. With EcoCircuitos Panama and our preferred partners, you can enjoy an exciting family vacation. We offer brand-new family experiences, developed through the eyes of our children. Our favorite adventure starts with a biking tour at the promenade of Panama City, after trying exotic ice-cream flavors in the colorful and Old Town. We will also visit the Caribbean side, where we will discover the Portobelo and San Lorenzo forts and will learn about the real Pirates of the Caribbean. Families turn into real explorers when spotting howler monkeys, unique birds as the Toucan, and crocodiles while learning about the ecosystems of the tropical rainforest on board of a jungle boat. Discover why Panama is the Isthmus that changed the world. Click here!
Visit the idyllic Peninsula de Azuero with its year-round dry weather and laid-back lifestyle. Dive into the authentic culture of this region, which feels isolated from modern Panama, explore its colorful traditions, tasty specialties, abundant wildlife, and natural beauties, including the Sarigua dessert.
EcoCircuitos’ Azuero program starts just after a short, direct flight from Panama City, with first-hand experience of the rich culture and diverse wildlife of the Peninsula. Experience the manufacturing process of producing Panamanian rum and have a taste of the local liquors Seco and rum. See the extraction of salt from the Pacific Ocean; visit the production of handmade clay pottery, and learn how the famous La Arena bread is baked. The basic program will furthermore take you on a boat ride to the idyllic island of Isla Iguana Wildlife Refuge, with its mangrove forests, pristine white-sanded beaches, crystal waters, and colorful coral reefs. Also check our Folkloric path for a more in deep experience.
Keep on exploring the facets of charming Azuero with joining our various extension tours: Surf on laid-back Playa Venao, watch the large variety of birds at Playa Aguillito, the nesting turtles of pristine Isla Canas or join adventurous canopy zipline tours over the treetops of the forest.
This is an ideal program for a StopOver in Panama. Contact us for more information: email@example.com
The arrival of the Spanish in the Americas was a meeting of civilizations which resulted in a completely new, incredibly rich, and uniquely surprising culture. From the route taken by Vasco Núñez de Balboa across Panama, and the expeditions made by the Spaniards in search of the treasures of the Americas, including the three voyages made by Pizarro in his quest to be the first European to reach the mythical kingdom of Birú, to the stories behind the founding of Lima, Cusco and the port of Callao: This tour is a journey into the past, to cities that speak for themselves through buildings that are filled with history, including sacred temples and the houses of conquistadores. It is a journey that tells the untold stories of our local heroes that fight for their land and freedom, the encounters with pirates, and the construction of the fortresses built to repel those same pirates.
We invite you to journey with us through time, as we take you into a past you will never forget. Contact us for details and itineray at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
In today’s world where a good education is a key to success, it is important to offer the students experiences abroad. An academic travel can impact the participants beyond the fun and adventure. Below 10 benefits that students gain from educational travel from Dr Wendy Amato Ph.D and take it from World Strides.
- Better Academic Performance – On an educational tour, students get to experience different styles of teaching and see a new side to their subject of study. When able to see, touch and smell the very things they have learned about in books, students return to the classroom with a deeper connection and greater motivation for their studies.
- A Global Perspective – Unfamiliarity and separation from home are great incubators for thought. New experiences will question one’s preconceived ideas. The enriching experience of educational travel encourages students to expand their world view, witness a new way of life and better understand people, history and culture.
- Confidence – Living for any amount of time in a culture that’s different from home can help prepare students for the future in ways more profound than any camp or holiday can. Overcoming challenges while traveling help students grow confidence and prepare them for life’s obstacles.
- Grit – Travelling away from the comfort of friends, family and familiar surroundings is tough. But doing it shows that a person is interested enough in the rest of the world, and confident enough to venture out and discover other parts of the world. This is a character trait that’s very appealing to employers.
- Networking – Travel provides students with a global network of contacts and references. Plus, instead of relying on others’ opinions, travelers establish perspective, confidence, and conviction that make it easier to gain the respect of others.
- Growth & Independence – While away from home and the ease of a regular support system, students have opportunities to see what they are capable of accomplishing by themselves. Travelling allows students to develop themselves in ways that can’t be achieved without stepping outside of their comfort zone, becoming more mature, independent and self-aware.
- Individuality – Travel provides experiences to define a person’s place and purpose and establishes lifelong values and priorities.
- Career Opportunities – Employers view students that have traveled as well-rounded as they have shown not only a commitment to their education but a confidence to venture out and discover new things as well as their ability to adapt to new situations.
- Appreciation – Getting away from home is also a chance to allow a student to realize what they miss most. Experiencing another place and culture is an opportunity to appreciate what they already have and realize the importance of the little things that often go unnoticed.
- New Friends – Cultural immersion through travels can also help break down language barriers and open new channels of lifelong communication. Exploring a new place opens doors to establish new friendships and relationships that never would have been acquired without traveling.
For more information about our educational tours, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s another side to Panama, just beyond the Panama Canal — dense biodiverse ecosystems like rainforests and islands. Sip pure coffee and enjoy amazing rivers and vibrant ingenious cultures. Let go of control and give Panama the wheel.
There are hundreds of wonderful destinations across the globe to travel to, but how on earth do you know which to choose? Travel Local selected 12 destinations to help you get your holiday daydreams on the track for 2018. And Panama is on the list for January!
January: Jazz Festival in Panama
Panama is a magical country, whichever way you look at it – endless
tropical beaches, exotic wildlife, and mountains covered in cloud forest
make it a dreamy holiday destination. In January, it comes alive in the
form of jazz! If you love music, you must visit at the beginning of the year
in order to get your toe tapping at the annual Jazz Festival in Panama
City, which will run from 15th – 18th January 2018. Since 2003, the
festival has attracted over 300,000 fans of this soul-stirring genre from
all over the world and is expecting 30,000 attendees in 2018. Mingle
with internationally acclaimed musicians and fellow fans in a vivacious
celebration – a perfect way to sample the lively Panamanian culture
before continuing on with your holiday, whether that involves sandy
sunbathing or seeking out sloths.
January in Panama is in the beginning of the dry season and therefore, the high season.
The diversity of Panama makes it a fantastic place to take a holiday.
When you visit, make the most of the varied opportunities – adventurous
travelers can delve deep into tropical cloud forest, encounter
indigenous peoples and explore the notorious jungles of the Darien.
Those looking more for relaxation can recline on sun-soaked sands with
the waves of the Caribbean sea lapping the shore. And, history-buffs,
don’t forget that famous canal!
EcoCircuitos is specialized in educational travel experiences. Our guides are experts in their field and provide in-depth insights and understandings from culture and history to biodiversity. These understandings foster authentic travel experiences as well as responsible encounters between travelers and nature, biodiversity and local people.
With being one of the most biodiverse places on earth, Panama hosts world-class biological and geological experiences. With its numerous indigenous communities, colonial towns, ancient ruins and the Panama Canal, the Isthmus it is also a top-spot for historians, anthropologists and architecture lovers. What is less known, is Panama’s extensive art scene; from numerous galleries in the capital, Afro-Caribbean remains and indigenous handicrafts to artisans dating back to colonial times.
Private Reserves: Mamoní Valley and ideal spot for neotropical studies
Located at 2.5 hours east of Panama’s international airport, and in the heart of the Mamoní Valley, lies an amazing rainforest campus amidst land manage by a non-profit organization that support Tourism and Conservation. Their efforts supports its large-scale land conservation and habitat restoration within 28,000-acre Upper Mamoní Valley Watershed and beyond. They offer a natural campus within a critical biological corridor that is the bridge for culture and wildlife throughout the Americas and home to many endemic and endangered species.
They have count to date 332 birds, 51 amphibians, 63 mammals, 62 reptiles and a incredible diversity of plants and trees.
We partner with this organization to offer Educational Trips for universities and high schools students interested in hands-on learning, while making a positive impact on the flora, fauna and communities in an ecological hotspot. Some of the projects involves permaculture, wildlife observation, rainforest treks, adventures and exchange with local communities.
A fun and engaging environment for my students to learn through hands-on learning and solving real world problems. – Nader Afzalan. Teacher at Redlands university.
EcoCircuitos has experience with programs that have been tailored to middle and high school level students and with undergraduate and graduate students. For more information contact us at: email@example.com.