Panama is worth seeing throughout the year! Not only the dry season is a good time to travel to the Isthmus, the wet and green season could be the best time to explore and enjoy different outdoor activities with less people and better prices.
Some of the reasons to visit Panama during the green season:
- Fewer Tourist walking the streets of Casco Viejo. You can enjoy more time on the attractions without the crowds, have a reservation at one of the best rooftops restaurants and enjoy the beauty of this UNESCO site just for you.
- Lush nature in national parks and tropical fruits. The green season is the best time to go hiking, wildlife observation or just trekking in our national parks. It is the time for the flowers, the birds and beautiful plants. It is also the time for many of our tropical fruits, so get ready to taste new flavors!
- More water for paddling in river, kayaking and water sports. If you are like me and enjoy paddling, the green season is the best time for learning SUP or going kayaking in many places around Panama.
- Surf and Whale watching season. The season for the humpback whale watching is starting in April and is the best time of the year to go and experience this amazing mammals. Also good waves in both Caribbean and Pacific with less surfers. You will have the waves just for you!
- Special Discounts in tours and hotels. This is the best time to travel and get special rates. The industry lower the rates during the green season and you will get the best deals from us.
- Discover the local culture. Many national festivals and activities are held during the low season. The national day of La Pollera on July 22 is one good opportunity to admire the national dress and hundrends of women wearing it on one day parade. This is just one of many.