The Rio Grande Basin of the Coclé region (a province of central Panama on the nation’s southern coast) has become famous in recent years for the discovery of extraordinary remains exhibiting the life and customs of pre-Columbian societies in the Neotropics. The El Caño Archeological Park, located close to Rio Grande, is of particular importance. In 2009, archeologists discovered the tomb of an important Coclé warrior buried with treasures such as breastplates, bracelets, belts, and ear sticks made of gold and copper, stone and bone. The artifacts found were so spectacular that an article in National Geographic Magazine (2012) entitled “The Golden Chiefs of Panama” describe El Caño and its surrounding areas as “Panama Valley of the Kings”. Since that time many more tombs have been identified and continue to be excavated.
There are many reasons why Panama should be your next getaway destination this year. Beyond the fantastic biodiversity, our unique and fascinating history, amazing gastronomy and superb weather. Panama is a small and diverse country that offers a lot. This year we are celebrating 500th anniversary since its foundation, and the diversity of its people is what makes this country unique. 2019 is the year to come to Panama and explore a destination that will surprise you!
Panama is considered one of the most open-minded countries in Central America, and EcoCircuitos as a company member of IGLTA.org, offers unique travel programs for the LGBTI clients, interested in discovering our Central America destination during Pride week!
We at EcoCircuitos embrace the combination of Luxury and Sustainability, offering to all our clients meaningful and authentic experiences in Panama. “We combine quality service and expert advice with a premium selection in itineraries highlighting the best accommodations, unforgettable adventures and friendly local hosts“, says Annie Young Director and Partner.
This year PRIDE Panama will be featuring different events in Casco Viejo, the Old Quarters of Panama, with unique activities to demonstrate the contributions of the LGBTI Population and the importance of guaranteeing the human rights for all citizens of the world. Pride Week Panama is celebrated from June 24 – 28 and will host several events and activities for families, couples and groups.
Contact us for a 5- day adventure Pride package including transfers in and out, 4 night lodging in 4 stars plus hotel, all breakfasts, one room breakfast service with mimosa, 1 adventure tour of your choice and lots of fun. Price from $399.00 per person in double room plus taxes.
contact us for details at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
PANAMA RAINFOREST HIKING
Tranquilo Bay’s grounds include over 200 acres with several kilometers of forested trails. Many of Isla Bastimentos favorite birds, monkeys, sloths, iguanas, lizards, insects and frogs live here.
Possible bird sightings may include: multiple raptors, Montezuma Oropendolas, Red-lored Parrots, hummingbirds, five species of kingfishers, Green Ibis, woodpeckers, honeycreepers, tanagers, pigeons, antbirds, manakins, seedeaters, herons, and in-season, Three-wattled Bellbirds.
Wildlife sightings may include: White-faced Capuchins, three and two-toed sloths, green iguanas, basilisk lizards, butterflies and poison dart frogs
CLIMB UP – LOOK AROUND
The wildlife and views from the tower are incredible, but the natural history lesson alone is worth the climb. All life zones known to the tropics, from the mountains to the coral reefs below the ocean’s surface are visible from the Canopy Tower. This vantage point above the forest’s canopy gives you a bird’s-eye view of the entire archipelago.
KAYAKING THE CARIBBEAN
The kayaking part of the tour departs from Tranquilo Bay’s comfortable facility. Our our staff will handle the preparation, maintenance and portage of the equipment. We provide snorkel gear for the tour so you may explore the underwater garden that includes tropical fish and vibrant coral reefs. All you have to do is paddle and absorb the breath-taking scenery.
For those new to kayaking, we will give you a lesson to familiarize you with the equipment and techniques to prepare you for your adventure.
SNORKELING THE CARIBBEAN BLUE
Your snorkeling adventure covers several ecosystems. Kayak snorkeling from Tranquilo Bay places you within the marine park. You explore different types of coral formations and marine habitat during your time underwater.
This unique adventure is for families, couples and small groups of 8 people maximum. The tour leaves only on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The program includes boat transfer from Bocas del Toro Island, bilingual guide, lunch at the reserve and activities. For reservations: click here
The ritual and festive expressions of the Congo culture encompass the contemporary vision of a collective celebration of black rebel descendants enslaved during the colonial period During the Congo season, participants act out a matriarchal society in a palisade, ruled by a queen and her court. Everyone must help protect the queen and members of the palisade from the devils (diablos), and the season concludes with a confrontation between the diablos and the congos. Everyone takes part, and the expressions have been fostering social integration for generations.
The arrival of the Spanish in the Americas was a meeting of civilizations which resulted in a completely new, incredibly rich, and uniquely surprising culture. From the route taken by Vasco Núñez de Balboa across Panama, and the expeditions made by the Spaniards in search of the treasures of the Americas, including the three voyages made by Pizarro in his quest to be the first European to reach the mythical kingdom of Birú, to the stories behind the founding of Lima, Cusco and the port of Callao: This tour is a journey into the past, to cities that speak for themselves through buildings that are filled with history, including sacred temples and the houses of conquistadores. It is a journey that tells the untold stories of our local heroes that fight for their land and freedom, the encounters with pirates, and the construction of the fortresses built to repel those same pirates.
We invite you to journey with us through time, as we take you into a past you will never forget. Contact us for details and itineray at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
In today’s world where a good education is a key to success, it is important to offer the students experiences abroad. An academic travel can impact the participants beyond the fun and adventure. Below 10 benefits that students gain from educational travel from Dr Wendy Amato Ph.D and take it from World Strides.
- Better Academic Performance – On an educational tour, students get to experience different styles of teaching and see a new side to their subject of study. When able to see, touch and smell the very things they have learned about in books, students return to the classroom with a deeper connection and greater motivation for their studies.
- A Global Perspective – Unfamiliarity and separation from home are great incubators for thought. New experiences will question one’s preconceived ideas. The enriching experience of educational travel encourages students to expand their world view, witness a new way of life and better understand people, history and culture.
- Confidence – Living for any amount of time in a culture that’s different from home can help prepare students for the future in ways more profound than any camp or holiday can. Overcoming challenges while traveling help students grow confidence and prepare them for life’s obstacles.
- Grit – Travelling away from the comfort of friends, family and familiar surroundings is tough. But doing it shows that a person is interested enough in the rest of the world, and confident enough to venture out and discover other parts of the world. This is a character trait that’s very appealing to employers.
- Networking – Travel provides students with a global network of contacts and references. Plus, instead of relying on others’ opinions, travelers establish perspective, confidence, and conviction that make it easier to gain the respect of others.
- Growth & Independence – While away from home and the ease of a regular support system, students have opportunities to see what they are capable of accomplishing by themselves. Travelling allows students to develop themselves in ways that can’t be achieved without stepping outside of their comfort zone, becoming more mature, independent and self-aware.
- Individuality – Travel provides experiences to define a person’s place and purpose and establishes lifelong values and priorities.
- Career Opportunities – Employers view students that have traveled as well-rounded as they have shown not only a commitment to their education but a confidence to venture out and discover new things as well as their ability to adapt to new situations.
- Appreciation – Getting away from home is also a chance to allow a student to realize what they miss most. Experiencing another place and culture is an opportunity to appreciate what they already have and realize the importance of the little things that often go unnoticed.
- New Friends – Cultural immersion through travels can also help break down language barriers and open new channels of lifelong communication. Exploring a new place opens doors to establish new friendships and relationships that never would have been acquired without traveling.
For more information about our educational tours, contact us at email@example.com
There’s another side to Panama, just beyond the Panama Canal — dense biodiverse ecosystems like rainforests and islands. Sip pure coffee and enjoy amazing rivers and vibrant ingenious cultures. Let go of control and give Panama the wheel.