Traveling with Pets with Air Panama
- All animals must travel inside a cage or suitable container to size, test it to escape and spills. Make it tough. It can be handled safely by airline personnel.
- When traveling the animal will be accepted only if the person who transports, present all documents required as proof of immunizations and health certificate.
- No animal will be accepted for travel in the passenger cabin unless a guide or rescue dog accompanying its owner, carrying his harness or belt.
Cost to transport animals in the Plane
- You will be charged for the transportation of animals at the fare of $ 5.00 per container. As long as it is within the weight of the passenger baggage allowance. The difference is paid as overweight.
- According to Ministry of Health Circular No. 003-DGZ-DCZ of 06/03/2014 each pet (dog, cat, other susceptible species) that is transferred via air in commercial and private flights must have the vaccine anti-rabies.
- Their owners have to provide proof (card or certificate copy) signed by a veterinarian, stating being immunized the animal against the disease. This document must be filed the health officer at the airport, otherwise the animal may not shipment.
Some Additional Tips
1. If your pet is in the cabin, they must fit comfortably under the seat in a pre-approved carrier.
2. If your pet is flying in the cargo area make sure they are kept in strong carriers that are well ventilated.
3. Carriers should also be just big enough that your pet can stand up, lie down, and turn around comfortably. (*Dr Becker recommends the Expand-A-Space pet carrier, $42.49 on petco.com)
4. Whether your pet is flying with you in the cabin or is banished to cargo, be sure to include dog blankets and toys, as they will be alone in a strange place, and these things will offer comfort.
5. Update your pet ID tags before you travel anywhere. If you get separated from your pet, it will be easier to locate and reunite with them with updated tags.
6. For safety in a car or plane and confinement in a hotel room, bring the pet’s crate so they have familiar surroundings.
Traveling with Pets on International Flights with Air Panama
- Transporting pets on international flights is not allowed.