A brief stopover or a short stay in Panama will surprise all its visitors! Within 30 minutes from the international airport you could be relaxing in a boutique hotel in the center of the colonial Casco Antiguo or a top-notch luxurious hotel in the Banking District, close to internationally known restaurants and Jazz Bars. Visit museums, parks, and historical areas all within the Panama City limits and just slightly beyond these limits adventure options are endless. Access national parks known for hiking, birding, biking, kayaking and cultural encounters or just have a day relaxing on the Pacific Coastline or a surfing adventure. Take a train to an area once owned by pirates or transit the engineering masterpiece, the Panama Canal!
EcoCircuitos can tastefully design short programs for our clients stay in Panama City that goes beyond the typical City Tour and Panama Canal visit by combining areas of interest and outdoor adventures. The following are some our current tour options:
- Rainforest and Ruins – Metropolitan Park, Old Panama and Casco Antiguo
- Gastronomy Tour – Casco Antiguo, coffee tasting, chocolate production, ceviche, rum and beer tasting.
- Inner City Tour – Casco Antiguo tour with ex-gang members that will tell you about the history of Casco.
- Biking tours the rainforest and the City
- Full Day City Tour (traditional) – Casco Antiguo, Old Panama and Miraflores
- Half Day City Tour (traditional) – Casco Antiguo and Old Panama
The follow options can be used to tailor a city tour that fits your client’s wishes
- Old Panama/Panama Vieja – Panama City’s first city
- Cinta Costera – walking and biking area along the Bay of Panama that leads to Casco Antiguo
- Fish Market – have a ceviche and people watch
- Casco Antiguo – Panama City’s second city, colonial style. Home to churches and historical buildings, distinct architecture, shops, restaurants, hotels etc.
- Amador Causeway – Stroll or bike along the Panama Canal, this causeway connects three islands Naos, Perico and Flamanco. You will find marinas, duty free shops, restaurants and Punta Culebra where Smithsonian has a small nature center and the Biodiversity Museum
- Smithsonian Nature Center – open air marine center
- Museums (see the list below)
- Parks (see the list below)
- Ancon Hill – Panoramic views of Panama City and the Canal
- Miraflores Locks – Panama Canal
- Panama Canal Forts
Open: Morning to dusk
Metropolitan Natural Park
Open: Monday – Sunday 6:30am- 4:30pm
Rainforest Discovery Center
Location: Soberania National Park
Location: Amador Causeway
Open: Tuesday – Friday 10am-4pm, Saturday-Sunday 10am-5pm
Contemporary Art Museum
Location: Ancon Hill
Open: Tuesday – Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 10am-4pm
Location: Clayton Area
Open: Monday – Sunday 9am-5pm
Old Panama/ Panama Vieja
Location: Parque Lefevre, southeast of Panama City
Open: Tuesday – Sunday, 8:30am-4:30 am
Panama Canal Interoceanic Museum
Location: Casco Antiguo
Open: Tuesday – Sunday
Explore Panama with us!